Sunday, November 13, 2011

Where is the distributor cap in an Oldsmobile intrigue located?

My car doesn't start when it rains, I hear this is caused by water in the distributor cap. I drive an Oldsmobile intrigue - where is the distributor located and how can I get it dried out?|||I dont think a modern car like that has a distributer cap..





I suspect its the battery. Make sure those connections are good clean and not overly exposed to moisture|||Just follow the Spark Plug wires away from the engine. THey're supposed to connect from the distributor to the spark plugs.|||There's no distributor in the Intrigue, it has what's called a "coil pack", and it's not the problem. You just need to change the spark plug wires. They've gotten old and are absorbing moisture when it rains and shorting out. I recommend you replace the spark plugs at the same time.|||The modern replacement of the distributor is called "coil pack" It's a rectangle type of coil where all your spark plug wires are hooked up.


Maybe that you need to replace your spark plugs and spark plug wires(depends how old they are). If you do clean the the end of the spark plug wires, pull it one at a time and be careful not to mixed them up. Do it slowly and make sure that each wire goes to the right cylinder. Good luck.|||i think your car is like my oldsmobile, it don,t have a cap, it has a coil pack and module.

No comments:

Post a Comment