Saturday, November 19, 2011

What are the specs for 71 oldsmobile 455 cu in engine?

I have an 71 oldsmobile cutlass sx with a 455 cu in engine. I would like to know how much horsepower is estimated at the crank not the rated 320 or so. and the specs on the heads cc,camshaft size etc. Im curious of this engine and would like to know what it's capable of. Thanks|||That's a pretty rare car!





You know the hp rating is in gross, not net, right? If it was a '72, it probably would be rated at 250 hp, as the 4-4-2's "regular" 455 was rated at 270 net and the W-30 at 300 net.





I have the dealer book - not brochure - that has all the stats on the 1971 Oldsmobiles, so shoot me an email and I'll try to give you what you seek; I'm at work so I can't give you what you need. However, you also have this resource, although I can't vouch for its accuracy:





http://sx455.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment