Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Can someone give me the specs for a starter for my 1986 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme?

I am trying to find a free online repair manual for my 1986 Oldsmobile Cutlass supreme. Or anyone who can give me the specs for the shims to the starter!|||check with the people at Autozone - they should be able to help or guide you to a manual. The specs for this car should also be the same for many GM cars of that same year and engine.|||There are no specs for adding shims. You add the same amount of shims that you removed. If the starter makes a noise you add or remove shims until the starter sounds normal. It gets a little tedious but that's the way its done. Ive done this many many times in the shop.





you can also go to www.autozone.com, they have free on-line repair manuals

No comments:

Post a Comment