Sunday, November 13, 2011

Am I able to completely replace the ignition in a 1994 Oldsmobile?

I lost my only ignition key for my 1994 Oldsmobile Royale. I still have the door and trunk key to get in but the ignition key is somewhere out in the woods. I was wondering if I am able to just remove the old ignition and replace it with another one which I can get keys to. Is there anyway this is possible? I'd hate to have my car just sit there and not be used. Thanks for your help!|||VATS ignition system, not DIY friendly. Professional installation highly recommended due to wiring and chip key.|||Yes it is possible. You might have to go to a dealer and have them replace it because if you just replace it with another used one then it might have problems with the wiring, anything could be wrong with used parts. Your best bet is to get one from a dealer or look around your local parts stores to see if they can order one.|||What you want is a Key switch tumbler, the cost is the same whether new or used and easy to replace with a screwdriver.

No comments:

Post a Comment