Tuesday, November 22, 2011

How do I change the flasher fuse on my 1989 Oldsmobile 98?

I know that I need to replace the flasher on my 89 Oldsmobile 98...but I don't know where the fuse is. It's not part of my Fuse Panel that's under the dash. I can't hear where the sound is coming from when I turn on my hazards...anyone know?|||The fuse for the flashers is on the fuse panel. It sounds as if you are trying to find the signal flasher, is that right? If so, you will have to remove all the under dash panels and expose the lower area of the steering column. The signal flasher is clipped onto the steering column support brackets usually close to the top and close to where your knee sits when driving. It is also usually facing up so it's hard to see. Sometimes feeling around up there with your hand is the best way to find it. Good luck.|||Call the guys at Auto Zone... they are always really helpful!|||Got one I had to replace on the very same car. Remove the panel under the steering column There is 2 silver canisters about as big around as a 1/2 dollar and an in. thick . The same one for the turn signals looks just like the one for the hazards flashers %26gt; Just remove the panel and try first one then the other to figure out which is which

No comments:

Post a Comment