Sunday, November 13, 2011

How much would a valve job on a 1987 oldsmobile delta cost?

Hi,





I don't know much about cars. Im buying a first car for my 16 year old son. I found a 1987 oldsmobile delta royale with under 130000 miles, but it needs a valve job.





Is this car reliable for its age? How much would the valve job usually cost, is it an expensive job or easy?





thanks|||If the automatic transmission has never been replaced, depending on its service history, you can't expect many more miles on it before it fails unless most of the miles were "highway" miles rather than stop and go local driving. I myself would look for another car. I had a 1988 Bonneville with the 3800 engine. How about a Ford Mustang rear wheel drive instead? It would be easier and cheaper to maintain.|||Unless u r getting it VERY cheap,it will b cost prohibitive,{an example} rebuilt heads are $200-300 each,depending on ur locale %26amp; whether urs r rebuildable r not.Then u have 2 consider installing,new cam %26amp; bearings-lifters-rockers %26amp; pushrods,labor is expensive also.If u go this far it only makes sense to rebuild the bottom half also.

No comments:

Post a Comment