Sunday, November 13, 2011

How much does it cost to re-key an 1990 oldsmobile regency ignition key?

I just lost my keys to my car. There really is no point in retracing my steps. Unfortunately for me, I only have spare key that unlocks my doors but not to start my car? How much will it cost to get the ignition key replaced. (just an estimate would be great). My car is a 1990 oldsmobile regency.|||You might want to call around to various locksmiths, dealers or shops and get some quotes...it could vary to as much as a couple hundred dollars depending on local labor rates.



Another option is that some GM dealers can recut a new key for the original ignition lock based on the VIN number of the vehicle....only runs a few bucks unless you have the anti-theft ignition system and any GM dealer can do it for other brands. The VIN number is on your insurance card or you can find it on a small plate on top of the dash...drivers side...as you look through the windshield from outside.



These links have a shop finder feature for recommended shops in your area by other customers...just plug in your zip code. Or call AAA and see who they recommend.

http://www.cartalk.com/content/mechx/fin鈥?/a>

http://repairpal.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment